Resilient is a multi-business group of companies in Vancouver with a pioneering vision in health and wellness. As believers in innovation and creating a positive global impact, we operate and collaborate with a variety of health brands that include natural medicine, technology, hospitality, and a number of non-profits in both Canada and the US. We provide cutting edge solutions and hands-on expertise in innovating what health means to the world.
This position is a key part of a rapidly growing business and you will be a leader in a complex multi business operation. You will be the driver to analyze and lead the overall financial functions of the company’s businesses, as well as ensuring that corporate financial reporting is properly maintained for all entities. As the Controller you are responsible for maintaining the budgets and forecasts while also working with the leaders in Operations and Sales departments. Utilizing the leader in each team to create accurate budgets, reliable forecasts and potentially venture capital raises to drive the growth of each business.
- Preparing budgets for review by Management and monitoring those budgets by using an actual vs. budget analysis approach
- Ensure that financial records are in compliance with Canadian accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) as well as tax regulatory requirements which includes accounting and financial practices appropriate within the industry.
- Forecasting with Management Team for future growth and expenditures
- Building complex financial reporting models and analyzing data
- Overseeing and reviewing A/P, A/R, Treasury, Administration and the overall Full-Cycle Accounting function
- Reviewing capacity planning and inventory costing with the Operations Team
- Recommending and implementing cost-effective and efficient changes to financial reporting and administrative processes
- Providing guidance and encourage growth development to staff by serving as an informal mentor
Reasons to work with RMS
- Financial Designation (CA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
- 4+ years experience in Controller or Sr. Accounting role reporting to CEO/President/CFO
- Experience in manufacturing operations accounting
- 3+ years experience using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop accounting software systems
- Advanced to Expert level of Excel including utilizing complex referencing formulas, advance summation of data for financial reporting, and preparing CSV files for uploading into a cloud accounting system
- Experience in raising capital is an asset
- Previous experience working with small, medium or large-scale ERP
- Work with highly intelligent purpose driven people that have fun winning
- Be involved in businesses that make a positive difference in the world and improving customers lives
- Fun and results driven corporate culture with an amazing location downtown, on the beach
- Lots of potential for personal and professional growth
- Room for above average, and with hard work, extra-ordinary compensation in a established, yet still ground floor, opportunity
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. It will include generous base pay, bonus, profit sharing and an options plan that will allow above average compensation.
If you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online on our applicant tracking system including a cover letter on why you are the right candidate for the role.