Resilient is a multi-business group of companies in Vancouver with a pioneering vision in health and wellness. As believers in innovation and creating a positive global impact, we operate and collaborate with a variety of health brands that include natural medicine, technology, hospitality, and a number of non-profits in both Canada and the US. We provide cutting edge solutions and hands-on expertise in innovating what health means to the world.
With the companies continued success and rapid growth, we require an experienced multi-functional operational leader to manage the various business leaders and operating units in our group.
In your role you will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing cross business strategy, finance, operational, and people strategies to maximize shareholder value. Working with our primary shareholder, you will align business unit leaders to viable growth strategies, and be responsible for centralized functions of businesses. Specific functions willing include, budgeting, strategic planning, legal affairs, government relations, negotiating strategic deals, optimizing people acquisition and management strategies and overall capitalization of various business including capital raise initiatives and sale/divestiture.
Who You Are
You are a highly intelligent, fast paced, driven business executives with deep knowledge of all areas of business. With a strong capability in financial management and planning, legal strategy and deal making and raising capital, you are able to work through most business situations whether they are a complex RFP or a 10M raise.
You are not afraid to be hands on and are at a place in your career where you are focused at unlocking financials value AND making a positive difference in the world. You are up to date with technology and keep apprised of global events with a strong track record of working with entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial leaders.
All this being true, you are also fun, creative, a people person and have a general energy and outlook that inspire average people to greatness and great people to the impossible.
- Ability to lead and influence a diverse team during change, while maintaining cooperation, motivation and cohesiveness
- Taking an active role in designing business development, structures, operational policies and procedures
- Assist and guide founder in evaluating and managing strategic growth opportunities to accelerate growth across multiple entities
- Implementing coaching & performance management system across the organisation
- Working with lenders, P/E, and VC groups to gather interest and secure funding for various business units.
- Interact regularly with all teams and leaders to ensure that company organizational priorities are aligned with overall business goals and direction
- Vender contract negotiation & legal agreement management
- Identifies opportunities and helps to mitigate obstacles and risks
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial analysis, accounting, reporting and budgeting effectively and efficiently
- Managing global operational structure for asset security and tax efficiency.
- Oversight and review of financial analysis and modelling for active development projects. Forecasts, and cash flow projections, financing projection and proposals, financial look backs, analysis of return on equity and internal rates of return, sales reporting, market reports and analysis, custom financial and statistical reports.
- Financial designation and strong background and capability in C level finance roles
- 5-10 years in senior management roles with successive capability and growth
- Strong track record, and references, of successfully working with various entrepreneurs
- BA / MBA
- Experience working with a Multi Business company
- Experience with at least one successful start-up or high growth environment and desire to do it again
- Strong Operational & Project Management capabilities
- Excellent Interpersonal, Decision making, Verbal & Listening skills
- Strong leadership and team Building skills
- Proficiency to focus on short & long-term needs
- Diverse capability and strength in building, adjusting and negotiating legal frameworks and agreements
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development
Reasons to Work with RMS
- Strong financial base and teams, with massive potential to unlock value
- Work with highly intelligent purpose driven people that have fun winning
- Be involved in businesses that make a positive difference in the world and improving customers lives
- Work with a highly experienced visionary leader who is totally focused on growth at all levels
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. Total package estimated $200-500K per year including bonuses and profit sharing. Equity will be available for the right candidate.
If you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online on our applicant tracking system including a cover letter on why you are the right candidate for the role.