A multi-business group of companies in Vancouver with a pioneering vision in health and wellness. As believers in innovation and creating a positive global impact, we operate and collaborate with a variety of health brands that include natural medicine, technology, hospitality, and a number of non-profits in both Canada and the US. We provide cutting edge solutions and hands-on expertise in innovating what health means to the world.
As Vice President of Operations, you will be a member of a high-energy, dynamic and rapidly scaling organization.
This is a results-driven position, with the incumbent responsible for developing strategic initiatives directly tied to company growth, establishing operating protocols and implementing processes to facilitate accelerated routes to market. The incumbent will be a member of the Executive Team and will be expected to contribute to the company’s strategic direction and overall objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; identifying risks and creating mitigation strategies; and identifying, developing and evolving external partnerships vital the products and services of the company.
The position will operate across cross-functional departments to ensure an efficient movement of high-quality branded products, identifying, vetting and managing our vendors, co-packers, negotiating and planning cash flow management, supply chain optimization and revenue-driven strategies.
This high-energy job requires resilience, adaptability and flexibility; the incumbent must have the ability to think strategically, implementing new methods to achieve cost savings, evaluate value chains, and supply consolidation across the Company brands.
Ultimately the incumbent must be confident in their ability to enhance the coordination and productiveness of our business, while maintaining our company philosophy of people-first by coaching and mentoring staff.
- Oversee multiple supply chains from purchase order to delivery.
- Actively develop the operations team to improve efficiencies in procurement, manufacturing, order tracking & fulfillment, shipping and receiving and inventory management.
- Be accountable for the efficient operation of the Company, ensuring well-coordinated management to meet a dynamic sales forecast.
- Participate with senior management in establishing long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to supply chain management.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, specified contract metrics, and maintain high standards of operational activities, introducing efficiencies where applicable.’
- Plan, direct and implement logistics operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals, particularly with co-pack operations.
- Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
Reasons to Work with us
- Minimum of 10 years experience in supply chain management and logistics including multinational experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior manufacturer operations manager position with the in the food, beverage or related sector is required.
- Bachelor’s degree business or science related discipline required, with operations management training. MBA is preferred
- Experience with product-oriented R & D, scale up and finished product manufacturing in the natural/health food sector.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements for import and export of goods, HACCP, and CGMP for food and dietary supplements.
- Leadership level experience with transportation, inventory management, global sourcing and international logistics. APICS or other Supply Chain Certifications is as asset.
- Material management experience with high volume transactions and forecasting needs in order to maximize volume discounts with key partners.
- Understand budget development and monitoring with knowledge of P&L for all operations.
- Proven track record of strong negotiation and leadership skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and evolving targets.
- Work with highly intelligent purpose driven people that have fun winning
- Be involved in businesses that make a positive difference in the world and improving customers lives
- Fun and results driven corporate culture with an amazing location downtown, on the beach
- Lots of potential for personal and professional growth
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. It will include generous base pay, bonus, profit sharing and an options plan that will allow above average, possibly extraordinary compensation.
If you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online on our applicant tracking system including a cover letter on why you are the right candidate for the role.